Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: where can you find clear Vision 200 images? doesn't anybody try????

  1. #1
    blue demon
    Guest blue demon's Avatar

    Post

    keep on looking around all over the net and can't find anybody just shooting Kodak Vision super 8 and just trying to shoot a decent image. what the **** is with that?
    i'd sure like to see an example of what it can look like lit properly instead of just blurry night shots or 40 watt interiors or whatever testing the limits of it in existing light only. that is fine, but what the **** does it look like shot normally without special effects and things added?

    i guess the only way i'm going to get any ******* idea of what the film looks like i'm going to have to do it myself.

    but it would be nice if somebody had some decent frames transfered properly posted somewhere.

    does anybody?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member al77's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't know if this is what your looking for but there are some vision 200T frames here: http://www.8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts/gallery/album03
    cheers,

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    blue demon, I think your mistake is that you're assuming this stock CAN look good in Super 8.
    If you check the archives, you will see lots of debate and discussion regarding the fact that in Super 8, every stock except Kodachrome 40 is just too grainy to look decent in this tiny format called Super 8.
    I'm sure there are some "okay" looking shots somewhere, but I hate the look of it, because I hate graininess.
    It just kills the ability to get any sharpness in S8.

    Matt Pacini

  4. #4
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got some of this stock from pro8mm and will post what I got when I get it processed.
    Thanks
    anthony collins

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi.

    I shot some sample tests a while back.

    Small samples:

    (Negative films)

    About 6 mb/clip:
    (50 ASA film)
    (200 ASA film)
    (250 ASA film)
    (500 ASA film)


    Full size negative - 50% res - 35 MB:
    These clips are full size DV PAL 25 about 35 MB each.
    For full quality they should be opened in Qucktime Player PRO and set to full quality and stored. They will then regain 100% resolution.

    E50D
    V200T
    V250T
    V500T


    Reversal - WorkPrinter transfer:

    <u>Agfa A40 Samples</u>

    Small Sample:
    ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/vi...gfaMK40WPs.mov

    Full size 50% res:
    Agfa A40/WP


    <u>Kodachrome K40 Samples: WP transfer.</u> (Shot in very late low sun angle afternoon conditions)

    Small Sample: 12 MB
    ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/video/mov/K40x1.mov

    Full size 50+ MB 50% res.
    ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/video/mov/K40.mov


    Original posts:
    <a href="http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewtopic.php?t=885&highlight=v200t&sid=86e75eea9b 057b02d3ffa21b817cf6ed" target="_blank">PRO8 50D, 200T, 250D & 500T CLIPS, PIX & INFO POSTED
    </a>

    <a href="http://www.filmshooting.com/scripts/forum/viewtopic.php?t=890&highlight=v200t&sid=86e75eea9b 057b02d3ffa21b817cf6ed" target="_blank">PRO8MM CLIPS IN ".DV" FORMAT POSTED
    </a>

    FULL SIZE MiniDV CLIP POSTED AGFA MOVIECHROME 40 ON WORKPRINTER

    R

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Steven Dempsey:
    I would love to see the samples you posted but I get page not found errors when I click all of them.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm.. strange. When I check them they do work.
    Anybody else having this problem?

    It might be the server temporarily down or something.

    Please try again. If it fails again I will post the direct linx

    R

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ta155's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by phrogprincess:
    can i ask a question about capturing super 8 into final cut express for editing. i think someone mentioned it briefly earlier in this posting.

    would it be best to plug the camera directly into the computer and bypass the taping by capturing it as the film is being projected? will i need to do anything special to do this?

    thank you!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are several "angles of attack" on this one.

    However, if you capture your images with a cameara "on the fly" off a screen or something it may be better to bypass the tape generally. With MiniDV didgtal tapes the losses are very low though.

    The clips poates above are produced by 2 different methhods:

    Negatives:
    Digitally scanned and directly transferred to MiniDV tape [no camera in used] so losses are basically minimal.

    Reversal K40/A40
    The K40/A40 Reversal WorkPrinter transfers use a different method but the results are very good but no tape is used there either although a camera is used for image capture. It stores each frame directly on the harddisk.

    More details about this transfer:
    http://www.moviestuff.tv/8mm_telecine.html

    Here is a sample transferred by this method:
    One super 8 music video more from Finland!
    http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/409/t/3519


    DIY transfer:
    Tape or HD recording. Need camera.
    Check: http://www.filmshooting.com/telecine/index.php

    R

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 24, 2003 01:27 PM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know, S8 Booster
    I took your 200t video and did some working with it in vegas 4.0 and I was able to get IMO some very good results. I did some color correction and I was able to reduce the grain by about 50 percent by working with the contrast and an unsharping mask. I would post my results but I don't have any place to host a 36 meg file. I think if you spent some time in something like vegas or FCP then you might be able to tweak it to look even better than your already great work is. I will keep working on it and see what I can come up with.
    Thanks
    Anthony Collins

  10. #10
    Inactive Member hmc4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Note I did not use an external monitor so I may only be color correcting for bad color from my monitor but on my pc it turned out some better color. Not quite so grey looking. But again that my be my lack of a good monitor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •